top of page

E-2 Investor Visa

If you intend to buy a company or open your own business in the United States, make a substantial investment, and hire American workers, you may qualify for an E-2 visa.


How it works?

The E-2 visa is the result of bilateral treaties between the United States and several other countries.


To apply for this category of visas, you must be a citizen or employee of a company from a country with a specific trade agreement with the United States.

The candidate must own at least 50% of an American company’s shares or create a company, which will act as a sponsor in the immigration process. 


Both the American company and the investor must qualify for the E-2 visa.

You may establish your company in any state in the United States. We will provide you with a list of trusted professionals who provide services related to the documents required for this process.

Benefits of the E-2 Visa

You will be able to legally work in the U.S. for the company in which you invested.

You will be able to travel freely in and out of the U.S. as long as you have a valid E-2 visa.

You may stay in the country for an indefinite period with unlimited extensions of two years, as long as you maintain valid E-2 status.

Benefits are extended to spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age.

Children of E-2 visa holders may attend school in the United States. They may attend public or private schools and also colleges or universities.

As an E-2 visa holder, you will only be allowed to work for your company, which is the sponsor of your E-2 visa. However, your spouse will be able to work for any local employer or be self-employed (spouses receive unrestricted work permits).

The E-2 visa also allows entrepreneurs to bring in key employees from their home countries to help with the business. E-2 visa holders may even apply for B-1 visas for domestic workers they want to bring into the United States.

The holder of an E-2 visa may be a partial or total owner of other companies. The investor will not need another visa to be the owner or a shareholder of another company but will not be able to work for any of those other companies.

The E-2 visa is a temporary visa that does not lead directly to permanent residence in the United States. However, you will be able to apply for a Green Card and permanent residence once you have established your business.

Man on a Balcony
Modern City

E-2 Visa with G.E.B. GLOBAL

As an attorney and officer of the court, we attorneys have access to government documents and court decisions that are not readily available to the public, which can provide clearer guidance for the Officer to decide the feasibility of your case. You can trust our office to position your case for the greatest chances of success within the law and can assure you that we are using the most up-to-date legal mechanisms and case law to discuss and/or defend the merits of your case. G.E.B. GLOBAL has extensive experience preparing petitions in this category and will work with you to achieve a positive outcome.
You may send us your resume or a summary of your professional profile for a free preliminary evaluation. We will carefully review your credentials and provide you with our opinion on the viability of your case. 

Free preliminary analysis of your eligibility for an employment-based Green Card.

With G.E.B. GLOBAL, you can count on a free preliminary analysis of your eligibility for the EB-2 NIW Visa and Green Card. 

For inquiries on other immigration matters, feel free to contact us via E-mail or WhatsApp. 


What are you waiting for? 
Submit your resume today.

bottom of page